I'm a newbie here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Meadowlark

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello, I am Meadowlark.

My first aquarium was a salt water 55 gallon. Yes, I started everything backwards! I had no problems with it, mostly because I'd done a lot of research and studying beforehand. This was in the days of Martin Moe and Julian Sprung. Are they still around? I specialized in Indo-Pacific species. I think the Flame Angel is the most beautiful reef fish in the sea.
Anyway, I 'lost' that tank in an earthquake (mess? you have no idea until you smell a dead anemone) and went several years before I attempted another. That one was a nanoreef of about 20 gallons. I discovered then that I was far more interested in the activities of the invertebrates than in the fish! I truly enjoyed salt water but I found it taking up far more time than I had.

Life got in the way and I had to dismantle that one and sold my livestock to a reef wizard who lives in Montana and I'll be darned if I can remember his name.

I have recently gotten back into aquariums, this time freshwater. I am currently in the middle of trying to get a 29 gal tank cycled without fish. I was freaked when I found a white scum on the water surface, and surfing on the net led me here. I wasn't too worried as I knew it couldn't have been too bad, as there is nothing organic in the tank at the moment. Still it is odd to see snowfall on a freshwater. (I learned about snowing in the tank when I over kalkwassered my nanoreef.)

I want to stock my freshwater tank with some lovely dwarf neon rainbows, so any advice will be appreciated.

welcome to the forum you should find lots of good advise , glad to see you back in the hobby ,

enjoy

Back
Top Bottom