Intro from Outer Banks, NC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harberh

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone!

I am a new member to your forum from the OBX of NC. My husband and I ran across your forum while browsing the app store on my iPhone!

We are experienced with salt, fresh, and brackish aquariums. Currently we have a 45 gallon corner reef tank with quite a few corals and inverts with a few fish thrown in there just for fun. We had a nano tank that outgrew its size so we moved it in to the 45 gallon tank. We are in the process of setting up a new 90 gallon reef to replace the 45 gallon, as we are running out of room quickly. A predator tank is also in the works for us!

Filtration is a canister hooked to an under gravel filter system, two protein skimmers, and a UV sterilizer. Lighting is a 24" T5 system, 4 fluorescent bulbs, with a LED and metal halide built in on timers.

As for what is in the tank currently...

Fish: two line goby, dwarf angel, six line wrasse, blue-green chromis, purple firefin, and a cardinal (silver and black, can't remember the name).

Inverts: emerald crabs, porcelain crab, peppermint shrimp (huge), and various sand sifter starfish, hermits, and snails.

Corals: various mushrooms and ricordea, red war coral, red acan, green and red favia, red flower pot, xenias, five star polyp, lava chalice, a digitatta, and a few zoa species.

We hope to meet some new people and gain some knowledge from the other members in this forum.

Heather & Shaun

Attachments

• image-3148908065.jpg
    image-3148908065.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 62
Welcome to AA! That's a nice looking tank!

I've been heading down to OBX for the past 7 years. We used to hit up Corolla but now have moved north to Carova on the 4x4 beach area. What a beautiful area! I'm jealous you get to live so close! :)

Back
Top Bottom