Introducing myself

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yarny1

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello friends! Growing up my dad always had a tropical aquarium. As a young person I kept fish off and on but it's been 25 years since I had a serious aquarium. For Easter I was gifted a small tank, 8.5 gallon neon hex tank, as that is all I have room for right now. I was cycling it when we went into lockdown! So, I have a fully cycled tank with no fish. I am having some issues with the tank and I joined this forum for some advice on maintaining a small tank and on choosing fish and keeping them healthy.

Three and a half years ago we bought a house with a small (500-600 gallon) pond stocked with goldfish so I have been 'fish-keeping' for a few years, after a fashion. The pond is well established and fairly self sufficient and an outdoor set up is completely different than an aquarium! For one thing, I won't have frogs breeding or blue herons feeding on my fish! :lol:

In addition to wanting to develop a beautiful aquarium and keep interesting fish pets, I also love all things yarn. I knit and crochet and love to design and create with fibre.

I look forward to benefiting from all of your wisdom and experience.

A.

Back
Top Bottom