Introduction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

enervate7

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello everyone,

I'm have several aquariums ATM. I want to set up a saltwater aquarium on my 27 Gallon Hexagon. I'm under budget and understand for beginners with Saltwater
aquariums is to start with 55Gallons and up. I want to buy just 1-2 fishes in the tank. I want live sand and live rock . Please send me advice on filtration process and all the materials I need to set up a saltwater aquarium . All information will be greatly appreciated .

Best,

B

Where is my matters . My name is Brandon and I'm from Ny. I also finishing setting up a freshwater aquarium in a 36 bow front aquarium ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393890710.026250.jpg

Okay so you want about one pound of porous live rock per gallon of water (the beneficial bacteria in it helps to filter the water) and you can use a small sump or refugium if you want. I personally have a 65 gal with a sump and 51 lbs of rock. I've also heard of a Berlin style filtration, but I haven't had any experience with that.

Where can u find the sump ? How will I put it together? I heard you need a chiller and protein skimmer not too sure on that. are there any other items I need to set up the saltwater aquarium .

Welcome to AA!

If you go to the forums > SaltWater > Saltwater - Getting Started you should find a lot of useful information.

Welcome to the forum! Start reading the salt water forum. Full of threads to answer all your questions.

Where can u find the sump ? How will I put it together? I heard you need a chiller and protein skimmer not too sure on that. are there any other items I need to set up the saltwater aquarium .

A sump you should find in a local fish store. Not too sure how to put the sump together, but they should have some good YouTube videos about it. Chiller is only needed if your aquarium is too hot for the specific fish/inverts you are trying to keep. Since you're planning for a 27 gallon, you don't really need a protein skimmer. You'll need test kits and a refractometer to see your salinity and lights. It doesn't really matter what lights if you're planning a FOWLR, but it does matter if you want to go reef.

Thank you guys . Really appreciate. I will do so once I reviewed the sump

Hey guys I heard u can use a hang on filter for the 27 hexagon aquarium. Since I already posses one can I convert it for the 27 gallon hexagon for saltwater? I will set up the tank to have live sand and live rock but as for the mechanical filtration n chemical can I use aquaclear 70 3 stage filter? If not what other choices do I have ? I heard the fluval canister 306 is really good?

Ty any advice for 27 gallon hexagon for saltwater - possibly reef tank?

I do not have a saltwater tank at the moment so I cant answer your question but I can tell you that if you post in the saltwater forums you will get all the answers your looking for.

Back
Top Bottom