Introduction - Hello from PA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FreshNano

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi Everyone,
I recently picked up this hobby after my young son decided he wanted a GloBetta fish in lieu of the bearded dragon we initially intended to buy as “his” first pet. I had never kept fish prior, and bought a teeny little cube and thought I was doing this guy (son named him Charlie :fish2:) a big favor by upgrading him from his cup to this slightly larger cube.

After one day of watching him, I started searching for information online and soon learned all about the perils of poor Betta fish kept in bowls and cups. I was determined to provide a much better life for this little fish (we take very good of our pets in this house!) So... It wasn’t long before we bought a small tank, filter, heater, live plants, tank mates, etc. etc.

I am thrilled with this new hobby (my wife may disagree- she is a saint and listens to me go on and on about this type of plant/fish/substrate - haha!).
I am also grateful to find this site and wonderful people who are sharing their knowledge and experience and it is from all over the world! Really cool to see how this hobby connects everyone!
I saw intro’s from India, Africa, UK and I’m coming to you from Pennsylvania in the USA, right outside Philadelphia.
I’m currently designing my next tank which will be a biocube32 planted freshwater setup.
Looking forward to sharing pictures and learning more from everyone.
Thanks for reading and happy fish keeping!
-Mike :dance:

Welcome. I'm from the same area but live in NC now. Just made my account but I've been coming here almost a year, there's tons of great advice

Back
Top Bottom