Need some help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JaredShope1

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello, I’m new to this forum and downloaded this app because I had many questions on my fish tank that I needed answered.

1.) My test kit keeps giving me readings of 0 on ammonia, nitrite and nitrate. I have the api master test kit and yes I banged the heck out of bottle #2.

2.) my one fish’s eye has a cloudy spot on it, and side the eye is cloudy on his fin barely moves like it probably should (a fire dwarf gourami)

3.) how much fun nipping is “too much” fun nipping? My one new mollie nips at the gouramis fins sometimes quite persistently

Thank you so much for any help you’d be able to give.

If you can do a couple pwc's that would be better.

Get a sample to a lfs for a verification as a cloudy eye could mean aggression/fighting, say if you have 2 male Gourami, injury from wood or decor, or poor water conditions.

I would do 2 50% back to back, pwc's if you normally do pwc's weekly
OR
if you have been lax in pwc's, the water is probably very different from your tap, and I would do 2 - 25%, to make the water more similar to the tap, and then wait a few hours and do a couple 30% or over night /next morning. Obviously the more fresher water the better. This goes for most fish health in general, and recovering from illness/injury especially.

Back
Top Bottom