Need swollen goldfish help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MIC

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I’m new to all of this so please bare with me. I have a goldfish and she’s been swollen now for a couple of months. I’ve been reading up and I can’t tell if it’s dropsy, a parasite or what. I want to help her but this is out of my wheelhouse. I think I uploaded a vid but I’m not sure. I can send pics if it will help just PM me. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:
What size is your tank? What are the parameters? Any other tank mates?

Thanks for replying. I should start with some background. She was originally in my small outdoor pond with 9 others. At the beginning of spring she got big and we thought she was pregnant. After a few weeks we became concerned and quarantine her in a 10 gallon tank. She is now in a 29 gallon tank alone in the house. We give her de-shelled pea’s, tea tree oil and water temp around 79 but nothing is working. She doesn’t seem to be getting worse but we’d like to help her get better.

No I haven’t. We treat the water with tea tree oil but other than that I wouldn’t know how. Any suggestions or recommendations ?

Also are the foods you feeding sinking or floating?

Sinking foods are better for the GF because they can gulp air from floating foods which is I guess difficult for them to pass, or not good for them, either way.

It is long and solid, like normal poo I guess. I’ll try the medicated flakes next. I appreciate the help and info. We did try and put her back into the pond but after 2 days she seemed to get worse so she is back inside. She looks better but still big.

I wish I could figure out how to post a vid you u guys could see her but I don’t know if you can or how to.

Back
Top Bottom