New 10g aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amsavage

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, I'm just starting up an aquarium have a little 10gallon to start and have 3 tiger barbs and 1 placostamus to start her up. I'm planing on going with a semi aggressive tank and plan to add a clown loach, red tail shark, bala shark and I'd like an angel fish.... I need opinions! I have read that tiger barbs are fin nippers but have also read they won't if they are in groups.. Is 3 enough of a group? Also I was told angel fish require brackish water is this true of the fresh water variety? Any suggestions and advice is appreciated! Thanks
Amanda :) ?

Hi! Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately most of those gish you mentioned need a very large tank. The Angels aren't brackish but one or two need a min of 30 gallons. The pleco and shark are looking at a 75 gallon min.
I personally don't have experience with the tiger's but in a ten gallon you're probably fime with 5 for a group.

Also clown loaches can get over a foot long and are wide. They need a group as well. I've seen them in a 1000 gallon tank and they were huge! Beautiful and active but I couldn't imagine them being happier I'm anything much smaller.

Back
Top Bottom