New here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Betta keeper

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi everyone

I I'm new to this forum since the one I usually frequented is down for a few days now

I run a few tanks, mainly a 29gallon bow front and a 38gallon bow front

There was a Betta in a ten gallon, but the child tired of it so he was successfully added to my 29 yesterday. I'm watching him closely, as he looks overfed/bloated and just a touch off balance.....A 2day fast might do him a good start ?

The other tank is wintering four common goldfish, and I'm working on a stocking plan for when they go back into their pond. As of now, I have settled on one Angel and some hornwort....still early in planning stage lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 46
You might see a bump in activity now that the other forum is been having trouble for several days now this is also my first post coming over to this forum

Ok, thanks

The other site I used was always active, but I suspect that it was a well established community. I haven't been able to log in in over a week though and I love sharing my pics, so I made an account here :)

I'm especially excited about the success in moving the Betta into the community....I was wanting to try him with other fish for a long time but too chicken lol

I worry about putting my betta in the community tank I keep him in his own separate tank

Yes, I worried too. I only took the risk because he has a very calm personality. He rarely flares, and enjoys his space

I introduced him using a Breeder box, but a plastic bag would work just as well. My fish guy told me I'd see signs of trouble within 45min so if you ever decide to try, definitely leave him confined that long

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom