New here, starting again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tex

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello, everybody. :wave:

I've been out of the saltwater hobby for about 10 years but starting to get back into it. I very sucessfully kept small reef tanks in the 26 to 40 gallon range. The other day I stopped by a great LFS and drove home with a 100 gallon tank with glass top and wood stand. I know, I bit off a big chunk. 8)

The were several reasons I got out of the hobby, young kids, money, space constraints. Now those aren't an issue anymore. I have a perfect place in the house for the tank. I can now afford to buy the latest and greatest equipment but I'm a tightwad and dont necessarily think that's always the right approach.

I still have most if not all of my old equipment that has been stored in boxes in the shed. Some I can re-use and some will have to be upgraded.

I am looking forward to participating on the board!

Robert

Welcome Tex! You're right about the equipment. It doesn't have to be a wallet-breaker. Your lighting is probably going to be the biggest chunk if you want corals and anemones. All I can say is read alot, take everything with a grain of salt(pun definitely intended) and remember that opinions are like @##holes, everyone has one. Find what works for the masses and won't break the bank. Look up the berlin filtration method and it works really well for me. Good luck from a fellow Texan.

Back
Top Bottom