New member :]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Henri

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello Everyone!
My name is Henri ( pronounced Henry ) and I live in Albania, a small country between Italy and Greece in Europe. I really love fishkeeping and I found this great site while surfing the net, so I didn't hesitate to join. I currently have a 10G tank with a female swordtail that has given birth to little fry. This is my firat spawning, Im 15 and I never thought I could make it so fast! My male swordtail accidentaly jumped out of the tank and died, three weeka before the mother laid the eggs :(. Anyways fishkeeping is hard for me, I don't have access to some aquarium equipments, such as test kits or gravel vacuum cleaners, because these arent being sold in my country. Im still just a child and I cant order them online because I dont have my parents' support on this, they think keeping fish is a waste of time, so its hard for me cleaning the substrate and whn something is wong with my tank I do t hav how to test the water parameters...
Anyways thanks for everything and I hope I can make some new friends here as well as get a lot of knowledge on my fish!
Cheers,
Henri

Welcome to AA! I'm 13, so your not the only one stuck with needing parents permission for stuff. :) you'll learn a lot here! Check out the teens of AA thread. You'll find lots of others our age that you can talk to about anything! It's a good thread to get to know people on. :)

welcome to AA,im 13 like homedog.just for the record,swordtails dont lay eggs,there livebearers

Its not that my parents dont allow me, but they think Im crazy and they laugh at me when I talk to them about water parameters & stuff... I get so upset at times :(...
Yes sorry, ny bad lol I know they give birth to young ones.
Thanks for the warm welcome, where can I find the " teens of AA " section? Sorry, Im new and I dont know much about this site lol :$

Its not that my parents dont allow me, but they think Im crazy and they laugh at me when I talk to them about water parameters & stuff... I get so upset at times :(...
Yes sorry, ny bad lol I know they give birth to young ones.
Thanks for the warm welcome, where can I find the " teens of AA " section? Sorry, Im new and I dont know much about this site lol :$
its in the lounge,on the side there are the different sections,so just go down to the last section and itll be in there
oh,and dont6 worry,your not the only one whos parents dont get fishkeeping

Umm... Wheres the lounge? Im very sorry for my sillyness, but this is a bit different from the other forum I was registered to.

Umm... Wheres the lounge? Im very sorry for my sillyness, but this is a bit different from the other forum I was registered to.
at the top(where its got quick links,user cp,etc) there is a buttron that says "forums",click on that. then go down,there will be one place near the top(in the first part) that says "the lounge",click on that,it will take you to a place that lists all the threads. go down until you find the thread "teens of AA" click on the thread.what other forum were you on?

Thanks so much guys, I already feel like I'm home!
Im also on this other neat forum, Fishlore.com

:)Welcome to AA!!:welcome: I joined recently to and have learned sooo much and everyone is soo helpful you will make great friends:) like me!! haha im 15 to:)

anyways sorry about your parents not being supportive maybe you could try and explain to them how much it means to you and explain the the importance of water testing....
Good Luck with your tank!

Back
Top Bottom