New Member, Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john7110

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all! New member and looking to LEARN! As a teenager I was big in aquariums. I bred angel fish and beta's with great sucess and no training. I had no idea about water condition or even bio. I really dont know how i did it. I have just set up a 55 gal. tank with live plants. Getting the water right and a bio system going. No fish yet. I have a 70 gal. power filter. Is a Powerhead an advantage??? Any advice is greatly appriciated!!!!! Thanks! John

Is it a power head or filter? I have never personally used a power head in fresh, salt yes. If its a filter I always try to way over do it you can never be to safe. Lol

I am doing a fishless cycle. I have been doing alot of research. The power head is not a filter. It just moves water. It came with the tank. This used to be a salt water tank. Just wondering if it is any benefit

I don't use them like I said above just cause I can't stand to see all the filter tubes and what not in my tank. I would personally say no in my case but yours you may want one if your not circulating enough water.

You should be circulating like 330 gal. Per hour or so for fresh.
I hope that I helped and the link she posted above is a good way to start. Hope it all goes well :)

Back
Top Bottom