New Newb!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have noticed that the BST's are rather aggressive toward each other at times. I figured the main cause would be that there are only two of them and that they might settle down in a school so I'm not sure I want to add more if that's going to be the case.

I have read some about the Angels and their behavioral issues. I was almost leaning toward only getting 1 to minimize the problems with the community. I would love to have a pair but I worry about the added aggressiveness if they breed.

I was thinking that the GBRs would stay on the bottom and the Angels in the middle so as to avoid each other. Is that a possibility? Or is the tank too small for that to happen?

The Jam-is-on said:
I have noticed that the BST's are rather aggressive toward each other at times. I figured the main cause would be that there are only two of them and that they might settle down in a school so I'm not sure I want to add more if that's going to be the case.

I have read some about the Angels and their behavioral issues. I was almost leaning toward only getting 1 to minimize the problems with the community. I would love to have a pair but I worry about the added aggressiveness if they breed.

I was thinking that the GBRs would stay on the bottom and the Angels in the middle so as to avoid each other. Is that a possibility? Or is the tank too small for that to happen?

the angels and rams would be REALLY risky... and yes, the black skirt aggression should tone out if you have a real school.

Definately fill out your school of tetras before you get any other fish. I agree with homedog that the rams and the angels would really not be the best options. I think rams do best in a species tank or one with other very peaceful fish.

Yeah, I'm starting to see that. So with a black/white skirt terra school, maybe a pair of koi angels, what would be best to add for the bottom?

For the bottom, I would say cory cats would be the best answer. They should be left alone by the other fish, but will do good cleaning up.

Back
Top Bottom