New to Forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gourami101

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello! I am a former pet store employee with several tanks set up. I grew up raising Jewel Cichlids with my dad. As I grew older he fell out of the hobby, so we no longer keep cichlids. I am a current biology major and have dissected/studied many large fish, but only keep desktop aquariums that I can transport easily. As a result, I have a fair amount of knowledge in breeding and maintaining smaller tanks. I have freshwater tanks for myself, and have some experience with brackish, but none in saltwater. Despite the debate I do use bacterial supplements and have wonderful water quality. Of those who find no success with the supplement most do not wait 15mins after dechlorinating to add the supplement, or try to use bacteria to replace water changes. Either way, I have a five gallon with a powder blue gourami, two green cory catfish, year old sword plant, and three adult black neons which I breed. I also have a betta tank with a moss ball. I have maintained the breeding operations of 5+ zebra danio tanks and the ridiculous amount of fish at my old job. If you need any help with egg layers, transportation of fish, or water quality please talk to me! I'm also dabbling in live food such as brine shrimp, protozoa, and vinegar eels.

Back
Top Bottom