New to the addiction and forums!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Klongstreath

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys and gals, iv been wanting to get a salt water aquarium for quite some time now. Initially I wanted to use the "go big or go home" tactic and get a 175-220 gallon, but decided to buy a marineland 55 gallon starter kit. Plans for it are to start it off as a fowlr tank and eventually into a reef tank once i get my big tank in hopefully a year. Never done anything with aquariums, and have been researching everything I think I need to. As much as i would like to set the tank up right now, I don't think its a very good idea since I'm possibly moving in a month. Looking forward to using the forums and getting into the addiction. I do have a couple questions though. For sand, what do you guys recommend, do you recommend all live sand or a mixture? Second, should i purchase any upgrades for the tank? Im not sure what exactly it comes with as i haven't even opened the box, but i know (or at least think) that ill need one or two power heads. Thanks for any help/recommendations.

Back
Top Bottom