New to the forums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ichthy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone. :fish2:

I'm new to the forums, and I hope to become apart of the community.
I've tried many different platforms for fish communities, such as Instagram and some other forums, but very few of them have worked out for me. I have visited this forum multiple times before and I've always liked what I read and how the community works together so I thought I'd try registering here. :)
I'm currently a top contributor in the Yahoo Answers fish section, and am a member of a local fish group on Facebook, but that's about it.
I mainly want to surround myself with other knowledgeable and passionate people as I mostly run into people who.. I'll say "shouldn't be in the hobby", to keep my explanation simple. I'm sure you will all know what I mean by that.

I have actually only officially been in the hobby for about 6 months but I have been studying fish (along with all other animals) and their care my whole life. I only recently got the funds to get some proper set-ups going however, which is why I was delayed getting involved in the hobby.
My 'areas of expertise' are Bettas and Fancy Goldfish, but I love all freshwater fish. I of course love marine life too, but freshwater is where my passion lies.

I have 6 betta tanks, including 2 special needs bettas, a 'king' betta, and a sorority tank.
I also have a 55 gallon Goldfish tank and I'm cycling a 72 gallon bowfront tropical community tank which I've been planning for a very, very long time and I'm very excited for it.
I'm also planning a tiny nano reef, but this isn't going to come to life for a while.

My long-term goals in the hobby include a fish basement (every fish-keepers dream :ROFLMAO: ), breeding and selling bettas/other fish, and a biology degree specializing in aquatic life.

For those who are interested I also have one dog, a Chinchilla, a rabbit, and a Green Cheek Conure.

I hope I can positively contribute to the community, and I really hope that I can meet people who are as passionate as I am.
:invasion:

Welcome to AA you will find that our forum is a lot more active than many ,
you should find all the answers you are looking for , so don't be shy just dig in and ask

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom