New To the site about myself and my fresh wa/ aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheDonstar

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi guys and gals! ;)

I have a 15 Gallon Freshwater tank with 3 sunburst Mollies, 3 platies, and a SM Plecostomous. Since im new to the whole aquarium world ive done alot of research after my first 5 fish died >.> ...

I attempted to put a golden puffer, a black moor, 2 mollies and an algea eater all into a brand new tank that I had just set up and everybody reading this already can forshadow what happened in the next 8 hours

THEY ALL DROPPED LIKE FLIES!!! :tgv:

[Aka - New Tank Syndrome]

Take in consideration I have my aquarium at my girlfriends house >.> so I have to tell her what to do alot of the time while im not there but that will change here in a few months LOL.

Anyways after doing some research on the nitrogen cycle and everything that happens in your tank for the first 4-8 weeks I left the algea eater sit and decompose for a week or so, went out bought some Ammonia test stripes and some pH stripes and attempted to put my first 4 mollies in the tank and a otocinlus. One of the Sunburst Mollies died and the otocinclus died but I still had 3 mollies left and continued to do a 15% Water Change every time I came down to my GF's House to make sure they were getting the attention they needed.

Currently in the last few days im about 3 weeks into the Nitrogen Cycle and have added my 3 Platies and a SM Plecostomous and have continued to keep doing water changes.

Im hoping to eventually get a 29 Gallon Tank and put some species of goldfish in the tank like Black Moors and some actual gold fish lol, who knows maybe ill skip that and go for some African Cichlids! Anyways Guys if ya'll wanna cretique me or have anything to add to my Freshwater Aquarium Adventures Plz Do! If you have read this far and I reall-y do appreciate it! Have a good one and happy fishing! XD

ABOUT ME ---

When I was about Four years old my dad had a fish tank and I would watch the fish everyday and I was amazed at how much they grew and what the fish did on a daily basis.

One day we had to up and move to another town so the fish had to go... and dad dumped all the **** fish out in the front yard!!! Man I was a pissed lil guy because all of those fish that I cherished and loved were all suffocating and dying and I wanted to help them but I knew the Grim Reaper had came and they had gone to fishy heaven. :devilish:

Ever since then I wanted to have fish of my own I just have never had the right living conditions or the money to get around to doing it until ive gotten a little older and got a hefty tax return :lol: and about 3 weeks ago I went to Petsmart unintentionally because my girl friends lil bro wanted to buy a rat and there I was staring at all the fish with over $200 bucks in my pocket to spend so I splurged and havn't regretted it since lol

-Donnie

Wow. It would traumatize me for life if I witnessed such disrespect for life at such an early age.

I would do a lot of research on fish keeping before buying any more fish. Seriously. Research, research, research. If you're new to aquariums, I would skip goldfish. They're not as easy as once thought.

Also, get a liquid test kit. The API freshwater master kit is what most people use. The test strips are terribly inaccurate.

welcometoaa.gif

Back
Top Bottom