new to this forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tnfinfan

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello, everyone! I've just joined because I'm setting up a new 65 freshwater. It's a big upgrade from a little bitty Eclipse. I moved all of the decorations over (uncleaned) and stuck the Biowheel down into the bio media of the canister filter (Eheim 2215) when I moved the fish over. I'm hopeful that this plus gradual stocking will allow me to avoid any new tank syndrome as well as preserving the wheel so I can restart the Eclipse at will or whim.

I'm hoping that there are folks here who can offer advice as needed and maybe some plant clippings/fry/etc to help me on my way to a full and happy habitat.

Welcome to the community! Have fun! :welcome: :wave:

I started with a three gallon Eclipse years ago too. :)

They make a three?! I thought six was teeny and hard to maintain. I mean, you have to siphon a gallon out just to clean algae off the sides. And the initial cycle was hard. Water parameters change very fast in such a small tank. Hence, keeping the biowheel active in the canister...

So far, no ammonia or nitrite at all in the new tank and there are five new neons and a small pleco that have been there for a few days mingling with the Eclipse's Mollie and pair of cories. The kids are wanting angelfish added next.

Back
Top Bottom