New to this forum; very old in hobby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oldcarbuff

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi!

I've been raising fish since 1966, but for the past three years I've lived in an area with no fellow hobbyists, so had to drive 9-10 hour round trips to fish club meetings. I am originally from Minnesota, where I was very active in the hobby in the 1980s and early 1990s. Just moved 900 miles with 87 aquariums in 105 degree heat this past July due to job transfer. Longest move I ever made with fish and they didn't hold up very well. Lost all species of catfish, Valiente gouramis, and about half my cichlids and barbs. Now living in Missouri where I actually have access to a fish club. Recently acquired some P. altums that I'm pretty excited about.

Current interests: angels, altums, apistos, super red severums, South American and African cichlids, killies, barbs, rasboras. Member of AKA and ACA.

Welcome! :). Wow...900 miles with 87 aquariums?! you are either brave or crazy...lol...I'm impressed! I have enjoyed everyone here and their information...I'm not experienced like you...but I'm learning fast.

Back
Top Bottom