Newbie from Joplin, MO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Eveready

Aquarium Advice Newbie
New to the group, but have had aquariums since the old days when undergravel filters were all the rage. Had a couple angels that were as big as my hand, a couple eels and a ropefish, but had something happen and they all died. I think I may have gotten some cleaner in the water.
After that I gave up fish for a few moths. But now I have a 20 gallon tank that I keep for my 3-year-old grandaughter with cheap, colorful tropical fish.
And a 55 gallon full of Jack Dempseys, ( I need to get rid of some, the babies are getting big).
My future plans are for a pair of 300 gallon tanks in my basement. One for brackish water and the other I would like to set up with local coldwater species.
I have been doing my homework for nearly two years in just the planning, research stage. The tanks are not my main concern, I am still considering filtration. I will have RO system connected to auto water change/ topoff system.
Do not plan to start until I have the entire system on paper.
Welcome any info that y'all have on DIY tanks, filters and maintaining brackish systems. In return, once the work starts I will post lots of pics.
I am an experienced carpenter, so I don't think the tank will offer too much in the way of surprises, but I have never done a DIY filtration system before.

Back
Top Bottom