Please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jessicasfish

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I made an impulse buy at Walmart while buying my beta neon tetras. ..I bought two parrot fish and the more I read about them I'm not sure what to think. I have a home they can go too as I ordered glofish and more neon tetras that arrive tomorrow. I wonder if anyone has kept these fish together before. My parrots are smaller, maybe about 2 in but I read and have seen they can get to 8! Please help I don't know what to do. I have a beta in a heated tank. I was thinking of swapping the fish.

I don't know much about parrots, but I know try get quite large. What size is your tank? If you do not think you have the room, I would rehome them or return them. Not sure if they are good with bettas, as I've never kept them together. Based on what I know of bettas, I would say probably not a good match.

I have never kept glofish. Every bettas temperament is different so I would watch to see how he handles them. 30 is definitely too small for two parrots though.

I just got them a new...better....75 gallon home with my friend who has a fish room. I'm so excited. I love them but I think they're too much for me I'm used to bettas and tetras!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Good for you for doing what was in the best interest of the fish! I'm sure they will be very happy. :)

Back
Top Bottom