Please help me and my fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Liz1275

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am very NEW to all this. I have a 72gal tank and I had some fish that was mean so I took them back. This past Tuesday I got a Molly "I think" and I think it might be with child or children but I'm not sure I have her "I think it's a her" in a little cage like thing but I don't want to keep it there if in fact its not even a girl. Can someone help me. I will put pic up as soon as I learn how

liz1275 said:
i am very new to all this. I have a 72gal tank and i had some fish that was mean so i took them back. This past tuesday i got a molly "i think" and i think it might be with child or children but i'm not sure i have her "i think it's a her" in a little cage like thing but i don't want to keep it there if in fact its not even a girl. Can someone help me. I will put pic up as soon as i learn how

image-2535211360.jpg

image-3695989964.jpg

Imo when it comes to mollies and guppies ur best off leaving them in the display tank and let nature take its course or else in no time at all u will be overwhelmed with hundreds of fish lol

But to answer ur question from the pics I'd say that's for sure a prego Molly soon to pop and welcome to AA ull get all the help u ask for and then some here

Haha thank you so much. You wouldn't be able to tell how "soon" soon is?

Well there gestation period is right around 5-6 weeks and she looks to be about a week away at best but if u wanna separate her u could do it once she stops feeding... 2-4 days before giving birth she will prob stop accepting food

Thank you so much I didn't know what to do with her that's why she was in the cage I just let her out and she is loving just being able to swim around

Wellll this is my first tank so I started with an angelfish, peacock eel, cichlid, red tail shark and an African clown knife. Then I found out I had a lot of mean fish and they was eating the angelfishes tail at night (that's when they all came out). So I took back the cichlid and shark the clown knife is going back this weekend. And now I have the angelfish, 2 Mollys, the eel, a sun burst and another orange one(not sure what it's called)

Now that I put her with the other fish the other Molly looks Luke he's trying to kiss her butt it won't leave her alone are you sure that I shouldn't leave her in the cage?

Ya with the size of ur tank u could have 3-4 angels easily then throw some kind of fancy pleco (not a common) and a schooling fish with a group of 12+...ur mollies will begin multiplying in no time too. Jmo with a tank that size u actually have a lot of options

U need to read up on cycling ur tank ASAP and if he doesn't stop harassing her then maybe u should put her back in since there's not really any other fish to take is attention away.. would be best if u had a small breeder tank for this

Yeah I'm really just learning as I go here with the first set of fish I got them cause I liked the way they looked but you never saw anything but one angelfish swimming around this huge tank now I have gotten a fish that's about to have babies..... I don't think my luck is to good right now with picking out fish

Ya ull soon learn that with this hobby knowledge and research makes it a much more satisfying experience...u can never know to much lol

Well I know to cycle the tank but that guy said cycled for the Molly

But don't worry the majority of ppl on this forum started off just like u... plus just for next time u go to the pet store more often then not the employees will give u false information either because they don't kno any better or just want to make another sale so u should always do ur own research too

Liz1275 said:
Well I know to cycle the tank but that guy said cycled for the Molly

I think he had the understanding that it was a new tank with just a Molly in it that's y he Sed it that way

Back
Top Bottom