Tah dah!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Carriwin

Aquarium Advice Freak
Good day!

I figured I'd take the time to introduce myself, as I've already asked questions and didn't go the appropriate route. My apologies for that. :) I found this site by googling for information on cichlids and got hooked. :) I have a 55 gallon that currently has 3 Angels, 2 gouramis, 2 tetras, 8 neons, 1 male betta, and a pleco. (See pic below. Is an older picture before the 3 angels. You can see my older angel, Glitter, on the left hand side. She was 5 there, and died shortly after.)

I have a 30 gallon tank that has a grumpy convict fish. (He was a freebie/gift and a lot more than I bargained for.) I have a 38 gallon, 36" tank that I am using white sand substrate for. I think I've decided to change up my tanks a bit and move my Angels to that tank ( they're still young) and maybe the neons. I don't want to overcrowd my 38 gallon tank, so I'm still playing with the ideas since cichlids apparently are not going to go well in that tank.

I appreciate all of your advice in advance, and I do hope I'm as useful to everyone else as you already have been for me!

Regards,

Carri

Attachments

• tank.jpg
    tank.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
:welcome:

Glad you could join us! Nice tank. I have to admit, I'm a little surprised the angels didn't make appetizers of the neons. I've always heard that was a ...risky pairing. :eek:

Looking forward to hearing more about your tanks.

:welcome:

Glad you could join us! Nice tank. I have to admit, I'm a little surprised the angels didn't make appetizers of the neons. I've always heard that was a ...risky pairing. :eek:

Looking forward to hearing more about your tanks.

I've had reasonable decent luck with "things that should not necessarily go together, but do" category. Although, now that you mention it, I shall endeavor to not necessarily move them to the new tank. Thanks for the tip! :thanks:

Thanks, Delapool!

You guys both have impressive tanks. :) I love seeing how creative everyone is here. We definitely have a group of people who think "outside the tank" as it were. :brows:

Update: I moved my neons into the 38 gallon tank on their own to start. :)

Back
Top Bottom