125g filtration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blizowman1

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I’m getting a 125g with a stand for 100 bucks soon. It will probably be summer before I get to set it up. I have a sun sun 303b on my 60g right now but know I’ll have to add another filter on the 125. Should I go with a bigger sunsun or should I go for a name brand filter. I used two sunsun filters on my 90g when I had it running and never had any problems. But I’m open to suggestions

If you got the money I'd run a Fluval FX6. If you have a tank full of heavy poopers I'd run two FX4's. There is a lot of options out there.

Tank Filtration

I’m getting a 125g with a stand for 100 bucks soon. It will probably be summer before I get to set it up. I have a sun sun 303b on my 60g right now but know I’ll have to add another filter on the 125. Should I go with a bigger sunsun or should I go for a name brand filter. I used two sunsun filters on my 90g when I had it running and never had any problems. But I’m open to suggestions

Hello blizo...

What's your planned water change routine for this new tank? If you're willing to remove and replace half the tank water weekly, you could mix lava rock and polished pea gravel as the substrate. Add some floating plants like Anacharis, Hornwort and Water lettuce. Use two large air stones and two air pumps to run the stones. I like Active Aqua pumps. The lava rock is home to the bacteria and the air stones maintain the oxygen in the water. The water change will act as the filtration system. So, no mechanical filters are needed. I set up this system on my 300 gallon tank and the system works extremely well to keep the fish healthy. I keep Goldfish and Fat Head minnows. If the system works for heavy waste users and oxygen producers, it should work for other fish.

B

Back
Top Bottom