air bubbler question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

disaster999

Aquarium Advice Newbie
what size bubbles should i have in my tank? i have a flexable bubbler wall and i like to hide it in the gravel so i cant see it, and its giving off huge big bubbles. is it better to have smaller bubbles? or doesnt matter?

thanks

well im not really asking if air stone or bubble wands are better, but if the bubbles should be really tiny or large bubbles for intruducing oxygen into the tank.

Doesn't matter it is the surface agitation they create that oxygenates the water. A good HOB will do the same thing with no airstones at all.

oh..ic, i have goldfish and my old junk air pump doesnt pump out enough air to bubble up the wand...and i would see my goldfish gulping for air at the surface. i have a 300gph for my 30gal tank and the water surface is constantly being agitated.

How long has the tank been set up?
What's the temp?
Ammonia?
Nitrite?
Nitrate?

If you have a bubbler going, and an HOB filter, then I suspect it's not an O2 problem unless the tank is too warm. The other thing is a new tank with high ammonia or nitrite. An uncycled tank will kill your fish if you don't keep your ammonia and nitrite levels below 1ppm, preferably .5ppm.

tank is about 3 weeks just moved old tank water into new tank and fulled it up with dechlorianted water.
zero ammonia
zero nitrite
20ppm nitrate
room temp

Back
Top Bottom