air pumps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nam69

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have bought many of these in the past and all were a disappointment. I am looking to buy my last one but need some power to it. All the ones I have bought were diaphragm. I need some suggestions. I would like to put the pump under the floor and have it pump up so I dont hear the hum or buss. My last pump was a Tetra deep dw96 and was not happy with it. Can you still buy the old belt drive pumps? Now they were able to pump some air

There are big air pumps available. I don't think any are belt driven any more for safety reasons. The catalog I just got from Big Al's has several models intended for deep tanks or ponds that are designed to pump down to six feet or so.

Luft pump, they are more powerful and are designed for deep water applications.

I dont think you will find anything belt driven, unless you use an old air compressor.

What are you providing air to?

Need to start there in order to properly dimesion your needs. There are a lot of options available. Linear piston pumps, diaphram pumps, regen blowers....

IME, I've been very happy with Coralife's superluft line. Not as quiet as some, but definitely the most bang for the buck.

Back
Top Bottom