Air stone ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Iamjosh

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey people , I'm new to the tropical fish world , bought mainly for my daughter but getting hooked now and really into it . I have question tho , I have 64 ltr aquarium with 2 live plants and the filter creates waves on the surface , I have 5 guppies and 2 dwarf gouramis currently and am thinking of maybe adding 5 more guppies and / or possibly a red ruby shark , so do I need an airs stone ?

First off, do you you know how many gallons is 64 liters? Secondly you do not need an airstone if the filter creates surface movement.

First off, do you you know how many gallons is 64 liters? Secondly you do not need an airstone if the filter creates surface movement.

Just FYI, you can always google 64 liters to gallons and google will do it for you in an instant.

After you've done it a few times you'll get used to making the conversion in your head.

64 liters is 16.9 gallons.

You don't "need" an airstone if the filter is creating enough of a disturbance for good gas exchange. With plants you don't want to outgas all the CO2 in the water.

It creates an updraft current in the water and the water surface gets disturbed which is good for gas exchange.

I also agree with max that the extra guppies will be fine, and I'd skip the shark.

Back
Top Bottom