API Filstar XP-L Canister Problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aerotiy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all,
I've had this canister filter for a few months now and didn't have issues like this before. What's happening is that the water level inside the filter itself will start to drop to the point where I can hear lots of trickling.

I know this isn't supposed to be the case so I've been opening a latch to allow the air to escape and water to fill back up. It'll be fine for maybe 20 minutes or so but when I come back the trickling/low water level is back.

API customer service doesn't open until Monday and of course this would happen on a Friday :(

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

It sounds like there is possibly air in the system.

I would empty the water out of the canister and then prime it exactly as per the API directions

Here you go: lever up, remove the primer cap on the inlet tube, use the funnel and fill the hose with water, once the inlet tube is full, put the cap back on the primer tube and then push the lever down which starts the siphon, will the fill the canister and lines with water and will force out the air.

With any most any canister, if there is air in the system you will have issues.

Hope you can get it working properly....

Back
Top Bottom