Aqua Logic Chillers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

|Max|

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all, been lurking for a while, first post. I've got a 125 gal reef my roommate and I started about 4 months ago now. Last month we upgraded to MH lighting (christmas :D ) and now we need to get a chiller as we're having a hard time keeping the tank at 80 even with the lights almost a foot above the water and the tank is open top. I've been looking at the aqua logic chillers, more specifically the trim line. Probably more the inline model than the drop in. I wanted to see if anyone on here has them and how your experience has been. Thanks

I don't think you can put a window unit in your fish tank.

I also live in florida and in the market for a chiller. Winter is the only time of year my tank is below 80.

Mu LFS was pushing pacific chillers and they also were about 5 bills.
What I'm most concerned about is the noise.

nccmike said:
I don't think you can put a window unit in your fish tank.
I assume that's a joke, I meant in the window to keep the whole room cool and they run less than $300.

yes, I was just joking.

Summers are long and hot in Florida. Even with the air on 75 the tank with the lights on get into the upper 80's.

Chillers are a little pricey but you can get them with heaters and UV units installed. Plus there way more efficient.

just hoping to hear from someone who has one.

Afraid to buy one that is supposed to be quiet and get it home and its like a generator in my living room.

The chiller is a better option for me. They are expensive but I'd rather have better control over the temperature without having to keep the room at 65 just to keep the tank down. Noise is something I'm a little worried about but I'd sacrifice some noise to get a better quality chiller.

Have you tries using some fans blowing across the top?
A lot cheaper than a chiller and worth a try if you haven't gone down that road already.

Back
Top Bottom