Aqua Top circulating pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

martinwoodward1

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I purchased an aqua Top circulating pump for my 30 gallon community tank. I just wanted to provide a little current and move debris towards the sponge filter. For months the darn thing kept shutting off. I asked many times on many sites if anybody else had this problem. The best answer I got was you get what you pay for. I even called aqua Top and all they could recommend was cleaning the impeller and possibly returning it. Still not willing to accept these answers I disconnected it and put it in storage until I could figure out a solution. I did it I finally figured this thing out. I put it on a timer so that it runs for 30 minutes out of 90 minutes. Now that the aqua Top circulating pump and I have an understanding of its physical limitations or unwilling gness to work 24x7 it is doing great. Try it I was amazed

Glad you figured this out. Most folks would have trashed/returned it as defective (which it appears to be but you've made the most of it). Even running 1/3 of the time it should serve its purpose of creating some flow.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom