Aqueon LED lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmmmmm....interesting....thanks very much for that link!

I could also just change the KIND of fluorescent lighting in my hood, right, without doing any kind of modding? Perhaps something else that would look less sterile, less cold/sickly?

Of course the only issue is if your bulbs are t8's then there going to produce less total light and less par. T5's are much much better and will put out well.... High output lighting.

I'm gonna check around and see what I can find as far as upgraded t8's.

Of course the only issue is if your bulbs are t8's then there going to produce less total light and less par. T5's are much much better and will put out well.... High output lighting.

I'm gonna check around and see what I can find as far as upgraded t8's.

Thanks very much for your ongoing help; it's appreciated...though I don't really "know" what all of the "references" to the light types are about, or what they indicate...:hide::hide::huh:

Thanks very much for your ongoing help; it's appreciated...though I don't really "know" what all of the "references" to the light types are about, or what they indicate...:hide::hide::huh:

Your welcome. We'll find something. I understand. Your lighting your saying is dull and hospital like lol. Can you put up a FTS? Give me a better idea of what we're taking about. Also I just realized we have hijacked this thread big time. Feel free to PM me or start another thread so others can help as well.

I'm looking into upgrades as we speak.

Thank you, Convict; indeed, I shall either start a new thread or PM you on this subject -- my sincere apologies to the OP and others who have participated in this thread, and for the severe hijacking...

I will try and get some shots of the tank as it stands right now with the lights on, so you can get an idea of what I'm talking about; please stand by...:thanks:

You know something, I'm not sure if they're single or double rows of bulbs in each hood/fixture; I THINK they're double, believe it or not...I will have to check the next time I take them off...

Here's the thing, though: Can't I somehow keep these hoods and replace the bulbs inside with something else? I realize the fluorescent lights are the "clip-in" kind of connection as opposed to the standard bulb "screw-in" type, but can't I find any incadescent or LED setup that would allow me to use these fixtures/hoods?

With the Aqueon LED you can use the hood you got. Take off the bulb fixture and set the LED in it's place, like this:
img_2342611_0_a68164f6623cb7da270cdd837095dd07.jpg

Convict:

I was going to send you a PM about this update because of the thread jackin', but I just wanted to simply say I just did a 20 or so percent water change on the tank, because I was in there with my arm in the water trying to do some aquascaping rearranging and fixing of the bubble bars messing things about for the fish, and I glanced at the light fixtures under the hood -- they're single bulb strips, as you suspected...

With the Aqueon LED you can use the hood you got. Take off the bulb fixture and set the LED in it's place, like this:
img_2342768_0_a68164f6623cb7da270cdd837095dd07.jpg

Hello, Jeffer...

Thank you for the input; it's difficult to make out the pic you provided -- is that your setup? If so, I'm assuming it's saltwater? The hood and pieces look devoured in salt deposits...

So, I can swap my fluorescent bulbs for LEDs and keep the hood?

Hello, Jeffer...

Thank you for the input; it's difficult to make out the pic you provided -- is that your setup? If so, I'm assuming it's saltwater? The hood and pieces look devoured in salt deposits...

So, I can swap my fluorescent bulbs for LEDs and keep the hood?

It's my set up. It's not SW, just mineral build up. This setup is on the bottom of 2 29g's stacked so I was trying to get a pick without having to take the top off. Pulled the top off and here's a better picture
img_2342782_0_cd7c82b442c58f5515d571aaa4e88499.jpg

It's my set up. It's not SW, just mineral build up. This setup is on the bottom of 2 29g's stacked so I was trying to get a pick without having to take the top off. Pulled the top off and here's a better picture
img_2343886_0_cd7c82b442c58f5515d571aaa4e88499.jpg

Wait -- please tell me your STACKED 29 gallons were EMPTY...:hide: :blink: :blink:

Aqueon
img_2345957_0_4fdf416b8208883477d116deb6efae0f.jpg

Doublebright
img_2345957_1_fc211c4f72a785fc57930060f5531299.jpg

Both were taken with the white balance adjusted to the plastic pipe for each picture. The Marineland is only a 24" fixture.

Opinions lol. We all have them. I think the double brights far exceed the other light fixture. The skimmer is amazing and the light is just so natural looking. When you see the fish swim in and out of a dark spot and then not a highly lighted area it looks so real.

image-259288585.jpg

I respect everyone's opinions and would never knock anyone. To each there own. Good luck in your search

Opinions lol. We all have them. I think the double brights far exceed the other light fixture. The skimmer is amazing and the light is just so natural looking. When you see the fish swim in and out of a dark spot and then not a highly lighted area it looks so real.

View attachment 153910

I respect everyone's opinions and would never knock anyone. To each there own. Good luck in your search

This is a pic of a tank with Marineland's double bright LEDs?

Yup, my tank with marine land double brights LED's. I put the light further back in the tank because I like that shadow effect.

Would these yield a more "natural, shimmering, underwater" effect compared to the fluorescent lamps I'm running now?

The problem is modifying these things for use in my current hoods...:banghead::banghead:

Back
Top Bottom