Aqueon Warranty Dept?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hpiguy

Aquarium Advice Freak
So far, not impressed with service, but holding out hope.

I have all Aqueon tanks, one Aqueon filter, and heater (got those last two in a deal) and just bought an Aqueon Water Changer because somehow I lost my Python. Seriously, I can't find 50 feet of hose with bright green ends. I think it walked/slithered away.

Took the water changer out of the packaging and hooked it all up. Valve on the sink end was nice and smooth. Tried to turn the valve on the gravel vac end and SNAP, the blue handle breaks clean off inside without much pressure. Well, that sucks. The internal ball in the valve is seized right from the factory. Assembled too tight or something. Things happen, I'm not really upset, I can still use it, but where the little blue handle was leaks now.

I'm in the same state as Aqueon so I call the toll free number on the box. I get an auto attendant, says they are open until 4:30pm CST. It's currently 4pm CST. I'm golden, they can easily get to my call.

I get the warranty dept and sit on hold. 10 minutes, 20, 30 minutes go by and then CLICK "Our warranty department is currently closed, you will be sent to voicemail". The heck? :banghead: I work on these phone systems daily and do the audio for the systems. At every other company in the US, they are "supposed" to keep people on hold prior to 4:30 in que and direct all new calls to VM. People in que are supposed to be helped and only once all are helped can CSMs go home. They are not supposed to be dropped and sent to VM.

I left my message, and stated that I called well before they closed and would appreciate a call back when they open Friday.

So far it seems the customer is an inconvenience. I'll hold out hope for tomorrow. All I want is that one valve replaced. We'll see.

Anyone had to use them before? What was the result?

I have the same water changer and the ball valve seems to get stuck on the siphon end also but mine has not broke yet. I did have to go get a metal adapter for the faucet tho the plastic one was terible.

I have one and the little blue lever that broke on yours is so hard to close. I dont touch it because I feel like its gonna break tol

Thanks for your input.

They did call me back the next day.

She apologized for the phone issue. All she wants is for me to email her a copy of the receipt and give my address. She said they send it within a week.

So far so good, and way better service than the phone issue.

She kind of mentioned that that valve is an issue she's heard of and unlike their tanks, the water changer is made in China.

If yours has an issue, I'd get it replaced under warranty if you have your receipt.

I have the same water changer and the ball valve seems to get stuck on the siphon end also but mine has not broke yet. I did have to go get a metal adapter for the faucet tho the plastic one was terible.

Yes, I don't see that lasting very long either.

Thankfully quality adapters are cheap at the hardware store.

Back
Top Bottom