Bakpak 2 - Bubble Trap

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

badfish

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just got my BakPak 2, and was going to remove the Biobale because i heard it can cause problems in the future, and i have LR and a DSB as my main filtration. when i did i got tons of microbubbles, i looked at the accesories and they have two, one that goes in the skimmer, and one that goes on the output. Does anyone have any ideas or comments on which one is better to use? Any comments are apreciated.

http://www.cpraquatic.com/products/bakpakaccessories.html

this is a link to what they look like.

TIA

- Jeff

I don't think they make the internal one anymore and the external one takes up tank space. The sponge that comes with the Bakpak that goes in the outflow works just fine. You may have to play with it a bit to get it just right.

the one i got didnt come with a sponge, they said they stopped with that because it was causing overflows.

badfish said:
the one i got didnt come with a sponge, they said they stopped with that because it was causing overflows.

This is VERY true. I was a CPR BakPak 2R with the sponge inside user. The BakPak was only 1 month old...I had not cleaned out the sponge yet. We lost power...and when it came back on....OVERFLOW FLOOD! I have since taken my sponge out...and I have the External BBX Preskimmers/Bubble trap now...and now I have no problems with flooding!

WC

Thanks for the warning. I usually clean the sponge during every water change. It really sounds like a way for CPR to make some extra $$$. If you really want the bubble trap I believe they make a preskimmer/bubble trap in one attachment. That way you can kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Yeah i have the preskimmer, and i saw the all in one combo but cant find it anywhere, do you know where i can get it? I checked petsolutions and thepetplace and no luck, anyone know where else i might find it.

Back
Top Bottom