Biomagnet clarifier

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Whiteout

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just started my cichlid about 6 days ago and all my levels r perfect but some silt is floating making it kinda cloudy and I can't find the bio magnet at my lfs is there any other alternative or am I going to have to break down and order it online?

You can try doing partial water changes. I find that adding filter floss to the filter helps a great deal in grabbing the fine particulate causing the cloudiness. Lastly, have you tried petsmart? They have aqueon water clarifier.

I got a clarifier from my lfs they said the guy had great results in it I think I'm going to just restart my tank over

I got a clarifier from my lfs they said the guy had great results in it I think I'm going to just restart my tank over

No don't retstart yet! I hear you with the fine particles issue I had the same problem a while back. Canister or HOB filter? If its a canister, make sure all the media connections are together. In my fluval and rena, there is a top cover that I used to forget to put on ALL the time. This keeps some of the extra nonsense from coming through. Lastly, the BEST solution is stuffing the empty spaces with Polyfill as mentioned. It traps all the tiny particles your referring to and your tank will be sparkling clear I promise.

Hob filter never had a canister filter I'm thinking about getting one of the long square tanks

So after two and a half hrs of cleaning the sand and three days of waiting this is as clear as its got any suggestions to speed this up

ForumRunner_20130819_020827.jpg

ForumRunner_20130819_021306.jpg

My petsmart didn't have it but I got some bedding fabric thats basically the same thing

Back
Top Bottom