Broken heater??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skorpio94

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey all
So last night I noticed an electrical charge when I touched the edges of my aquarium, the water seemed fine, it was only on the tank itself? After unplugging things one by one I noticed the tingly/static feeling went away when I unplugged my heater? After removing my heater to get a closer look I couldn't see any signs of damage or cracks on the glass? (Must also add that the static feeling wasn't always constantly there, sometimes it would do it and other times it wouldn't) so it lead me to think maybe my heater wasn't Broken?

A new heater only costs $30 - $40. Small price to pay for your safety and piece of mind.

Yeah that's true, I did notice I had temp fluctuations with my old heater anyways so it was probably on it's way out lol I have had it for years so I have just brought a jewel aqua heat 300 to replace it, no static so far so I think it's all sorted

Scary! My heater just stuck in the 92F spot and never shut off because it wasn't able to keep it 92F, thank goodness.

Thankful it was not worse!

Mine was constantly going up and down from 22 degrees C up to about 25.. but since the new heater is installed it's constantly at 25.2, so glad it's sorted now :)

Back
Top Bottom