Buying new pump. Suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brenden

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am going to purchase a new external pump. From my personal experience the dolphin pumps are the quietest I have found. Does anyone know personally of anything quieter? I need a flow rate of around 1300-1500 GPH at 6ft head

I've got a MAG 18b external which is pretty darn quiet. In fact, I can barely hear it running. Now mine is running about 1100-1300 at 3ft, but I know they make a bigger pump.

Just my opinion.

I am always looking for a deal on Panworld or Sequence pumps. The Reeflo Dart is supposedly whisper quiet. I would have one but my head height is too much for that pump. The Reeflo Baracuda is just too much money and really too much pump for me.

Only thing I don't like about the Sequence Reeflo is the inlet/outlet size. It is larger than most.

Ellis I ordered another dolphin pump last night. I currently have the big dolphin that is 8800 GPH and it is very quiet. I ordered a 2100 last night. Reason for new pump is I spilled some water on my Iwaki pump that powers my skimmer last week :oops: It is still running but is making some noise. I have a second Iwaki pump as a return pump. I plan on putting the Iwaki return pump on the skimmer since it needs a high pressure pump, and put the new dolphin as the return pump. I will take the damaged pump to a local electrical motor rebuild store and see what they say it will take to make it right again.

I so want a new pump but the pump I would like is really too much for my overflow. I have a used Mak4 running my system. It was meant to be a starter pump but still going.

Back
Top Bottom