Caling all Reef Ready Tank owners

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pearsont74

Aquarium Advice FINatic
can someone who has a reef ready drilled tank tell me or draw up a simple disgram. I have a tank thats predrilled and goin to set it up but im curious as to the flow. I have seen kits using the 2 predrilled holes
one for the overflow goin down to the sump and the other coming from the return pumps
just curious if I could use both holes for overflow goin to the sump to increase my flow and use the return pumps the same way i do now....a tube goin up the back and a PVC output? any issues with this?

i current use dual overflows and dual return pumps....id like to keep the dual returns...makes for more water change over
any feedbackwill be great

Your proposed way is acceptable. A great way to get increased flow to the tank with the overflow system you have. The only problem as I see it is you don't want TOO much flow going through your sump as your skimmer, fuge, etc. tend to be less useful when the water goes by too fast.

Better would be to add a closed loop to the system where the water isn't going by your sump to cycle.

pearsont74 said:
i understand that
how much is too much? lol
how do i determine how much flow rate 2 holes will have vs just one

What skimmer do you have, and what is the GPH rating of the pump it uses?

That is how you can commonly gauge how much return you want.

As shown in my sig...its a ETSS Reef Devil and even though I have a mag 9.5...it supposed to have a mag 7 (in the works to replace it) the mag 9 have a ball value to restrict the flow to the same of a mag7
not sure what that has to do with the sump flow? the skimmer pump in in the sump and pumpin water back intothe return area of the sump

Back
Top Bottom