canister plumming??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Travis55

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey all, I'm starting my canister build on my 55 gal sw tank. I got my hoses, and a spraybar. But how to I run my hoses over my tank without crimping the hoses? Could people please show me what they have on their tanks? Thanks all!!!

Plumbing?

Are you trying to make your own canister?
Why not use a sump? They are a better option on saltwater.

What kind of canister did you get? I'm not quite following. Some canisters are made so that the hose fits in a bracket and curves over the tank. Some just connect to fittings that make the bend for them. If it's a fluval, eheim, or rena, it's one of those two options.

What kind of canister did you get? I'm not quite following. Some canisters are made so that the hose fits in a bracket and curves over the tank. Some just connect to fittings that make the bend for them. If it's a fluval, eheim, or rena, it's one of those two options.

Its a cascade 1000. I need the brackets I guess. When I run my hoses into tje tank it crimps them...

After looking around on google, that looks to be similar to how my eheim is set up. The hose doesn't actually go in the tank, it hooks to a u-tube on each side. One goes straight down for the intake, the other is shorter for the output. Did it not come with any 'u' shaped connections?

After looking around on google, that looks to be similar to how my eheim is set up. The hose doesn't actually go in the tank, it hooks to a u-tube on each side. One goes straight down for the intake, the other is shorter for the output. Did it not come with any 'u' shaped connections?

I got the canister for free. Piecing it together. I need the u bends.

Back
Top Bottom