Co2 leaking with no leak....?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zombie2k

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Alright so for some reason the PSI on my regulator shows a dramatic drop within a week and I have no idea why!

I know it's impossible for the co2 to just vanish but Ive put soapy water on all of the hose connections and I just can't seem to find a leak...any ideas?

The system has been running fine for a couple weeks now without any problems, but I was under the impression from other sites/posts that these cylinders should last MONTHS

It's running at about 15 psi atm on a 5lb cylinder on a 29g tall

Thanks!

It is possible that you did not get a full refill on your tank when they filled it up. I have heard of that happening.

Excuse me for asking, but are you looking at the PSI gauge or the volume gauge?
The PSI shouldn't move at all whereas the volume gauge will move every day.
Also a 5 pound bottle is not all that much gas. My 25 pound bottle will last about 8 or 9 months at 15 psi.

If you're using regular air tubing it's probably leaking right out the line as well.

It was my understanding that airline leakage was insignificant when utilized in such small scale?

Yeah I was looking at the volume guage, sorry :)

I'm at a loss to help any further. I have no experience with such a small tank.

I'm sure someone will come on here during the week that is familiar with them and will know how fast they get used up.

Back
Top Bottom