Co2 recomendations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cesblusk

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I've decided to go away from me DIY Co2 system for my 75g tank. Any recommendations? I am using a Emperor 400 filter so I don't have a canister filter to diffuse the Co2 in. What do some of you suggest for diffusing the Co2? Powerheads, Co2 reactors, glass diffusers(if so, how many)? Thanks for any help.

Best advice I can give is to look in the phone book for a Fire Extinguisher place and buy your CO2 tank there as they are cheap! Got a full 15lb cylinder for $53 out the door. They prob only have steel tanks so if you want aluminum then have to pay more $$$

What size tank? I used to use inline reactors, which I still really like, but on my big tank I'm actually using a CO2 reactor 500 and really like the results it gives. It's a bit big and unsightly, but I can easily hide it in my 125.

Neilanh, mine's a 75 gallon. I had considered the reactor that you linked to but had wondered if it would be too big and how well it worked. Thanks.

That looks like a really good product. Does it need to be submerged to cool the pump, or would it be ok outside/below/behind the tank?

Back
Top Bottom