coralife protein skimmer 65G.. overflows

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jsa83

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hey. i just got a coralife protein skimmer. i am planning on using it as a HOB skimmer. i set up everything and one i turned it on the bubbles formed and the collection cup started to overflow... i adjusted the two valves but no go... how do i prevent it from overflowing? ... what am i doing wrong? the instructions that came with them didn't mention about overflowing..

hey. i just got a coralife protein skimmer. i am planning on using it as a HOB skimmer. i set up everything and one i turned it on the bubbles formed and the collection cup started to overflow... i adjusted the two valves but no go... how do i prevent it from overflowing? ... what am i doing wrong? the instructions that came with them didn't mention about overflowing..

I have the same skimmer and had an overflow problem, too. My overflow problem was solved by cutting the flexible return tubing in order to fit it at the water level and have it 1" above the black sponge. If you don't it causes back pressure and forces water to escape further up. If it is leaking from the lid, I have no clue. The red dial should raise and lower the water level in the cup. Sounds like yours is not doing that. I don't like this skimmer. I'm looking into why it produces microbubbles but no foam, in my setup. The LFS told me that it's possible my minimal bioload is the cause for lack of foam but I dunno. This link *Coralife Super Skimmer Modifications List* - Reef Central Online Community discusses mods that can be done to this skimmer. There is also contact info for Coralife Super Skimmer help. Looks like it is a few years old so I don't know how accurate it is, however. I'm probably going to be contacting them in a few days, if I can't get the foam thing figured out.

Back
Top Bottom