Drilled Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bill.marshall

Aquarium Advice Regular
I picked up 125 gal tank, it has a template glass sticker on the bottom Do Not Drill is that for the whole tank or just the bottom? thanks

Prob the whole tank. Safety glass. I'd not drill it just to be safe. You can add a ghost overflow box on it if your wanting to run a sump

No, it just hangs on the back or end and it plumbed down to the sump. It's a pretty common thing for tanks with laminated glass that will shatter if drilled

Do you know what brand? I got a 40 breeder from Petco a long time ago that had tempered glass on the bottom but I was able to drill the back as it wasn’t tempered.

ok, I have one, 2 siphon tubes, but I heard if you lose siphon, it could overflow, the pump will keep running..

Do you know what brand? I got a 40 breeder from Petco a long time ago that had tempered glass on the bottom but I was able to drill the back as it wasn’t tempered.
This 125 may be the same way. I guess it depends on what he paid for it to chance it shattering

This 125 may be the same way. I guess it depends on what he paid for it to chance it shattering
I had one shatter on me, it wasn't pretty..much smaller tank. had no label, I wanted to just use the glass and tried cutting it. well it shattered...

Most likely it's just the tempered bottom panel. You can contact the brand rep for additional information.

Back
Top Bottom