Eheim 2217

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nam69

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
How long to get the new canister filter seeded?? I have a old aqua clear running with it but dont know how long it takes to seed a new filter. The aquarium is 4 years old 75 gallon freshwater

Run the two filters and test for ammonia. Take the old filter out, let it run a day or so and check for ammonia again. If the readings are good you are good to go.

OK will do, My perimeters are good right now but I get where you are coming from

when i upgraded from a 45 to a 90 gal... i also upgraded from a HOB filter to the Eheim 2217.... i placed my used filter media into a nylon bag and stashed it in the back of the tank behind some drift wood for almost a month....

took it out last night... hope it was long enough! then again all my substrate and decor came with it too, so i think i should be ok.

short answer: no less then two weeks IMO

No one should play the "guessing game" with their tanks..The only way is to test for ammonia and nitrites. IMO

Thanks for the advice to all. This Thursday its a month in operation so I will unplug the 500. Then I will keep doing water checks every other day. I want to play it safe because my setup is perfect and usually when you start changing things up is when you have problems, Thanks again everyone, I am starting to study about saltwater setups. I just ordered a book on ebay its called THE CONCIENTIOUS MARINE AQUARIST. I am working on the woman slow as I need her to make some room in our living room for a 120 or 180. I have a bite for a 120 for 300 bucks and waiting for that phone call. I will keep you guys informed

Back
Top Bottom