Emporer 280 - Flow Control?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

neilanh

Sliced Bread
Quick question for anyone with an Emporer 280 or 400 model.

I was looking at the manual here, and it shows how to set the One-Touch flow control. However, in the illistration, it shows the 400 model (there's only 1 manual for both models). Does the 280 not have this feature? I looked and couldn't find one on my 280, but wanted to make sure I didn't overlook it.

I'm not convinced I'm getting full flow, either that or I'm not overly impressed with this filter on my 46bow.

TIA!

Isn't it somewhere in the area of the intake tube?

The Emperor 280 IMO is too weak for your 46 bow. I have this strange rule of thumb thing for myself, that the water flow of the filters should add up to tank capacity x 10.
of course it won't go so well on larger tanks but I don't plan on getting larger tanks...
for example, 30 gallon tank: 300GPH total flow. For my 38 gallon I am getting, thats 380, which I am going up to 400 on a emperor 400 or a hagen AC50 paired together or with another 200GPH filter.

I think I found it, just by lifting the intake the flow has been increased. There's no "setting" per se, but that seems to be working.

I'm starting to think the 280 is too weak for me too, and I'm looking into adding a canister in the next little bit or so, when I decide what I want and can afford it.

Thanks!
Neilan

Back
Top Bottom