Eshopps 300 or 800?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

t-bone

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a freshwater 45 gallon Aqueon tank 36 X 12 X 24 with one Angelfish, 7 cories, and a bristlenose (may add a school of Rasboras later). I am in the process of building a new stand that will house a 29 gallon tank for a sump to hide equipment in and grow my golden pothos in. I have the roots in the tank now and I don't really like all the equipment clutter and roots in the tank.

I am looking for some input for the size overflow/pump combo for my tank. I was thinking the Eshopps 300 with a Quiet One 2200 for a pump. I will be pumping about 5 feet of head. That pump is rated at 367 gph at 5 feet with an adjustable outflow OR for a little more get the Eshopps 800 and a suitable pump for possible upgrades to saltwater in the future. I was thinking that the 800 might be a little too much for the tank in terms of flow rate. Here is the link for the ratings on the pumps I am looking at.

http://www.lifegardaquatics.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Q1-AQUARIUM-Lit.pdf

Looking for input and experience with the Eshopps overflows and flow rates with similar size tanks.

Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom