Ever wish there was a timed feeding button?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

San Raphael Catfish

Aquarium Advice Freak
I wish there was a button that I could push that would cut my three filters for a timed period, say 20 minutes and then would automatically turn back on. I like to have the filters off when I feed, but I also don't like to have to crawl around in the tank stand plugging and unplugging.

Often time I have to feed in the morning and run off work, so I have to leave the filters running. I think that clogs the filters up early, and takes food from bottom dwelling cats.

Please let me know if one exists out there.

SRC <><

Really if you wanted to you could use a reef controller to do a feeding setting but that'd be pricey for something so small lol

For my freshwater I just put everything on a powerstrip and flip the switch when doing water changes and stuff like that when I need the filters or heater off

I use a power strip and it makes it really nice to just flip it ..... You can also get timers that you plug into the strip and turn on only when you are about to feed before you go to work then it is off for 30 min to an hour before turning back on. A couple timers and a powerstrip should run less than 20 bucks

I have a timed powerstrip for my lights. I am just bad about remembering to turn a filter powerstrip back on. I do have a separate airpump and air stones, so that they would not die from lack of oxygen, I don't want the fish to go 9 hours without filtering because I forgot.

SRC <><

I never turned my filters off when I fed. Honestly, if you're feeding enough to get in the filters, you've either got way too powerful of a filter for the tank size, or you're feeding too much... JMEO

Back
Top Bottom