Filter current

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aragato

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a two gallon tank, its a eclipse explorer and it came with a biowheel filter. Although the current is too strong for my betta. How do calm it down or are there any cheap filters

[center:f5f9649f09] :smilecolros: Welcome to AA, Aragato! :n00b: [/center:f5f9649f09]

Can you aim the filter to hit into a wall (does that make sense)?
Try putting a sponge over the intake tube (a sponge used for sponge filters).

For an Eclipse (we just had a thread about this same thing for a betta, but it was a Penguin in question) I think the only thing is to use the sponge method Menagerie suggested. You can't really replace the filter itself, as it is integral. Once the tank is established the flow should slow down considerably, with the bacteria and whatnot that will collect on the inside of the tube and in the filter box, Biowheel, etc. For me, I have never had an Eclipse that had near enough current!

Thanks Menagerie! I'll try create a path so the water wont directly hit the water like a waterfall. My has seemed to have gotten stronger and isnt being sucked in anymore.

Good news! I got some plastic and its working! Theres no current!

Terrific!
As a precaution--run the plants along some nylons/stockings (if you have some handy). If the nylons run or rip, so will the betta's fins. Many members recommend silk plants only in betta tanks.

Back
Top Bottom