Flow rate in my 55G

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin1989

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 65G coralife skimmer(rated at 325gph (im sure only if flow is directly open)), koralia 1 (400gph), Hydor L40 (725gph, @4ft head I would assume around 300-500gph).

Question is should I add in another koralia? Was looking at the 2 and or 3 if so. I know the recommended turnover for tanks is 10-20x. Amusing the coralife is running at around 300gph, the koralia at 400, and the L40 at 400, the avg gph is around 1100 which would be a turnover rate of 20.

I am also looking at what most of you would recommend for positioning.

For the hydor L40 I am using a Lifegard aquatics customflow setup, about to modify it so I have one of the intakes slightly above water level in order to get the anything off the very top of the water that shouldn't be there. The water output is on the right hand side and the intake on the left side, also with the koralia 1 on the right side flowing water to the left.

(yes the tank is slightly dirty right now lol)

I am also looking at the pentair lifegard aquatics UV sterilizer module and heater module. Just to keep these simple things out of my tank.

Attachments

• aquarium.jpg
    aquarium.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 71
Back
Top Bottom