Fluval E200 Heaters Any Good?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Allistah

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all --

The heater that I have on my 55 gallon cichlid tank is complete junk and about roasted the fish. I've thrown it out and need to get a new one. I've done some research and it looks like Visi-Therm is a good brand. One heater that really caught my eye was the Fluval E200 heaters. It looks like they're shatter proof and has a nice LCD display for the current water temp. The background for is green when it's within 2 degrees of the set temp, turns red when it's 2+ degrees above, and turns blue when its -2 degrees below the set temp. You can also set it at 0.5 degree increments.

But even though the cool factor for this heater is high with me, I want to make sure it's a good heater. Just because they put some cool features on it doesn't mean that it's a good and reliable heater so I wanted to check with the community before I spent the money on it.

So, whata you guys think of this Fluval E200 heater? If this heater is complete junk, what would you recommend?

Thanks,

-Alli

Here is a pic of the heater (E50 shown because it's a better pic):
pPETS-5887172t400.jpg

It looks like a really nice heater to me if your ready to drop 50$+ on a heater. And since its rated for up to 65G then it should have no problems at all heating up your 55G. I've only seen a fluval heater at my lfs and the guy there said he's had it running there for over 2 years and hasnt had a single problem with it. So i say its a pretty good buy. Find some websites that sell this heater and see if any of their customers left reviews on it. Then you will be able to get a better idea on if it is a good buy or not from personal experience. Looks good to me though.

Hello all --

The heater that I have on my 55 gallon cichlid tank is complete junk and about roasted the fish. I've thrown it out and need to get a new one.

This would be a better option:
Finnex 300W Titanium Heater with HC810 Digital Controller - AquaCave

Not that much more than the m200 and would provide a better overall experience with the external controller.
I have found that the titanium heaters radiate the heat much better than the glass. The 300 watt I have effortlessly heats my 75g.

Back
Top Bottom