Good Filter for Planted?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KentCurtis

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have an aquaclear 20 HOB on my 20 gallon planted right now. Was just wondering what a good upgrade for me woul be to get a solid flow good enough for the plants. Also running pressurized co2 and want to get it spread around some more. Im hoping to spend no more than 50-60$. Thanks!

What type of plant do you have? And what fish/inverts if any?

You may also want to try this forum for planted tanks. I have to jump back and forth between my cichlid tanks and this forum, and my planted tank and that forum.
The Planted Tank Forum

I have dwarf hairgrass, HC, rotala rotundifolia, rotala wallichi, an ludwiga "cuba at the moment.

I use emperor 280 biowheel havent had any problems at all.... Have heard some complaints tht it doesn work well though. i dont know but i do regular maintainance.. how well it would would under neglection

I would say get a canister filter if you are using CO2, From what I understand surface agitation releases the CO2.

If you are running CO2, a canister is best. HOB (& esp. biowheels) will outgas the CO2 quicker than you put it in.

Back
Top Bottom